A Practical Guide to Quality of LifeLearn More »
Meet Our Comfort KeepersCompanion Care From Comfort Keepers Home Care Secaucus, NJ: Comfort Keepers Home Care offers companion care to seniors in Secaucus, NJLearn More »
Read Our TestimonialsAdult Home Care Providers in Secaucus, NJ: Our loving adult home care providers offer care to seniors in Secaucus, NJLearn More »
BlogLearn More »
Meet Eydie, Louise, and Kristina
Our personal stories and why we own a Comfort Keepers office
Comfort Keepers At Home Care of Secaucus, NJ is owned and operated by the three women of Women On a Mission, LLC. We know from personal experience the challenges families face in caring for loved ones as they get older and need help with the activities of daily living and we partner with families to address their concerns and help their loved ones maintain independence.
We offer families the option to be as involved in their loved one’s care as much or as little as they desire. In all cases, we maintain excellent communication to keep families up to date on their loved one's at home care services and status.
One special emphasis that our office has is in the area of senior nutrition. Owner, Eydie Shapiro, interjects her passion for food into the type of care that is provided because she knows that many seniors who live on their own have trouble eating properly. As a result, their quality of life and health declines. That's why their care providers pay special attention to making certain that at home care clients eat nutritious meals. They involve seniors in meal preparation as much as possible.
Interactive Caregiving is based on four primary pillars, which our at home care services leverage to care for, engage, and interact with our clients:
- An active senior mind promotes independence, better mental and physical health, happiness, and a longer life.
- A physically active senior maintains strength and independence, lessening or delaying the effects of aging.
- A well-nourished senior is more energetic, both physically and mentally.
- A safe senior lives in an environment that reduces the likelihood of accidents and promotes timely response when illness or accidents occur.
With our Interactive Caregiving approach, we are able to raise seniors; quality of life to a much higher level than typical providers of at home care services.
Fraud, Ethics and Compliance Policy:
Comfort Keepers of Secaucus, Kearny and Nutley has established a business environment of fairness, ethics and honesty. We have established this for our care specialists and clients. Our goal is to prevent fraud, and treat our employees and clients with respect and fairness.
It is our policy to correct employee misconduct and dishonest behavior. It is our policy to notify families of loved ones if we know of fraudulent activities such as telemarketing companies soliciting a client for services or financial donations.
Comfort Keepers of Secaucus and Nutley is committed to practicing ethical behavior in all areas of our business. Our home assistants are trained to respect the privacy and confidentiality concerning their clients. We do the same in all our community and personal relationships while doing business as Comfort Keepers. Concerns of privacy are respected in all aspects of caregiver and client interactions.
Comfort Keepers of Secaucus and Nutley complies with all local, state and federal regulatory matters, including HIPAA. We have and continue to be compliant with laws concerning the New Jersey Health Care Service Firm License, the Board of Nursing and accreditation rules and regulations. Our license is available to all prospective clients, current clients, referral sources and Long Term Care companies when requested.
HIPAA – Notice of Privacy Practices
Above and beyond any requirements established by law, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal health information, commonly referred to as your “PHI.” This is one more indication of our determination to provide the very best services that is possible. Under both the federal law and this Comfort Keepers policy you have the right to:
- Look at the file maintained in the Comfort Keepers office, which may include some of your PHI.
- Know when Comfort Keepers has disclosed your PHI as permitted, which is more fully described below.
- Place additional restrictions on your PHI as long as these restrictions do not conflict with the federal statute.
- Amend your PHI and/or restrictions or authorizations that you have established pertaining to your PHI
- File a written complaint with the local Comfort Keepers office or the National Privacy Officer.
- Receive a copy of this statement.
- Receive notice of any significant changes or amendments to this policy statement.
There are a number of practical and legal circumstances in which Comfort Keepers may release your PHI. Your PHI can be shared with:
- Physicians, nurses, care aides, and others involved in implementing your Plan of Care or otherwise providing care or treatment.
- Third party payers such as Medicaid/Medicare and Long Term Care Insurance Companies.
- Individuals or agencies responsible for addressing matters of abuse or neglect.
- Public health officials, coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors.
- Courts and other legal proceedings including worker’s compensation cases.
- Family and friends, but only if you provide written authorization. (This authorization can be revoked.)
- Other individuals and organizations, but only if you provide written authorization. (This can be revoked.)
There are also circumstances in which Comfort Keepers will NOT release your PHI. These include:
- Marketing services of any kind, unless you have given specific written permission to do so.
- Family members, friends, professional or organizations that are not involved in your Plan of Care, unless you have given specific written permission to do so.
YOUR LOCAL COMFORT KEEPERS PRIVACY OFFICER IS: Louise Munsch Phone: 201-340-2238
YOUR NATIONAL COMFORT KEEPERS PRIVACY OFFICER IS part of the CK Franchising Inc staff. To contact CK Franchising Inc you can call 937-264-1933; fax a letter to 937-264-3103;or write to CK Franchising Inc. ATTN: National HIPAA Privacy Officer, 6640 Poe Avenue, Suite 200, Dayton, Ohio 45414.
You are encouraged to contact one or both of these individuals if you have any questions about the privacy of your PHI or if you have any complaints about the privacy of your PHI. You may also submit a written complaint to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. We will provide this address upon request.
Truth In Advertising
“Comfort Keepers adheres to the principles of truth in advertising, and all information accurately represents the organizations scope of services provided, licenses, price claims or testimonials.”